- What do you understand by inertial and non inertial frames of references? Give examples.
- What do you understand by concept of frame of reference ?
- Explain, Earth is not an inertial frame.
- What are Galilean transformation equations? Derive them.
- State the conclusion of Michelson-Morley experiment.
- Draw neat and clean diagram of Michelson-Morley experiment set up and discuss its working.
- what are the postulate of special theory of relativity?
- What are Lorentz’s transformation? Derive them.
- Derive an expression for variation of mass with velocity.
- What do you understand by famous universal relation of mass energy equivalence?
- Write short notes
(i) Relativistics addition of velocities
(ii) Mass energy equivalence
(iii) Time dilation
(iv) Length contraction.
- A body of mass m is moving with velocity v. Find m where m0 is rest mass of (1 –v2) body and c is speed of light. c2 ·
- What is proper length? Explain how Lorentz’s transformation account for the phenomenon of length contraction.
- Describe the Michelson-Morley experiment and explain the physical significance of negative result.
- Deduce an expression for the variation of mass with velocity and depict it graphically. Also prove that no material particle can have a velocity equal or greater than the velocity of light.